Wohdee is back and better than before! Wohdee is wooing fans worldwide as she continues to bring the bangers! As a result, the rising rapper is bringing her talents all the way from the UK and is going worldwide!
WOHDEE Delivers “WAUWW”
Now, the rap star returns to kick off 2022 with a hot new hit titled, “WAUWW”. Coming on the back of a stellar debut year in 2021, Wohdee returns with “Wauww”. Her catchy and infectious drill offering serves as the lead single off her forthcoming debut EP, which is set to be released later this year.
The Jacques Charles-produced record, features Wohdee flexing her braggadocious lyrics, fire flow, and witty wordplay. All laid over a captivating drill soundscape unveiling a new aspect to her artistry. Paired with the amazing audio, Wohdee teamed up with Leon Matthews (Stefflon Don, Fredo, Tion Wayne) for the accompanying music video. The “WAUWW” visual showcases her personality and future star power!
When reflecting on the inspiration behind her trendy new track, the Birmingham booming artist goes on to say:
“I had never made a drill song before, and I wanted to make one, but change the narrative a bit, since I’m not involved in the drill type of lifestyle lol. I remember being at my job thinking of double entendres for drill slang like ‘splash’, ‘dip’, ‘run man down’ etc… When I finished my shift, I wrote it all down and got in the studio. The video is basically just me, having fun with my mates; a good vibe zone”.
Her early freestyles created quite the commotion as her bars lit listeners’ ears on fire! While highlighting her immense talent, Wohdee recently began recording original music during the initial lockdown.
Wohdee is already proving that she is one to watch in 2022, with influences from Chip, Lauryn Hill, Missy Elliot, and Movado, a strong passion for rap music, and the ability and flexibility to dip across genres! Don’t believe me? Take a look at our recent interview below and get familiar with this trailblazing talent.
THE WOHDEE INTERVIEW
- Hey Wohdee! It’s a pleasure to have you back!! Thank you so much for returning in the new year! Let’s lock right in, your forthcoming single “WAUWW”, you came with some new heat and took a new direction of drill in your own way and I love it! What inspired you to switch it up?
“Thank you, it’s a pleasure to be back! My manager was telling me I should do a drill song, to have range, and I agreed. However, I felt I couldn’t really relate to most of the lyrical content in drill music, but I still liked the lingo, for example ‘run man down’ etc… so I added some, but I gave them different meanings”
- As should, you brought us back to the basics in the visual. What was the experience like to get sturdy with your day ones in your home and bringing drill worldwide?
“Ahhh, I loved it. It was a bit awkward at first, because my friends are kind of camera shy, so they didn’t really know what to do. But as the day went on, they broke in (with a little help from the henny) and we had fun! That’s all I really wanted.”
- For the high energy music video you enlisted Leon Matthews to bring your vision to life. What was the experience like working with the renown director?
“He was great to work with. I originally had a different director, but he cancelled like an hour before the shoot – Leon came through with little notice and big vision! I was kind of worried because I thought certain scenes would look awkward, but then I saw the first draft and was nothing but happy. He did his thing!”
- With a slew of singles set to drop off in 2022, what made“WAUWW” stick out to you to choose as the first offering of the year? Great tone setter by the way!
“Thank you! I’ve had this song in my locker for a while, and it’s easily been one of my favourites, because it was different from the rest. It was my only drill song. I knew I couldn’t be selfish with this one, because the UK loves drill, so I thought it was only right for them to have it. I hope they love it like I do.”
- As the lead single featured from your upcoming debut EP, are there any details that you’re excited to share about the —— project?
“What I’ll say is that this E.P is the start of something beautiful. It holds some of my first real songs, and the vibes that came from creating them. I can’t wait to share it with the world, because it’s essentially my thoughts, just recorded.”
- Coming off an amazing debut into 2022, what’s next for Wohdee?
“Other than my EP, what’s next for me is every opportunity (that’s aligned with my goal) that flows my way! I’m looking forward to the future and all that it brings”
- Lastly, thank you for your time and I look forward to speaking soon when the back to back bangers begin to roll out. Stay blessed queen!
“Thank you for the amazing support and interview. I appreciate y’all. Stay tuned I got more vibes coming.”