Though he is a fresh face in the national rap scene, Trap Manny is no rookie in the game of life. Having gained legendary status in his Bronx neighborhood via his music, Trap’s career trajectory was stifled due to several jail stints. Garnering a co-sign from Hip Hop heavyweight Max B, who had similar struggles with the law, Max offered Trap advice on maintaining artistic integrity and remaining steadfast with his musical aspirations. Tapping into his inner sense of resiliency, Trap Manny reconnected with his longtime friend and fellow Bronx native Don Q, landing him a deal with A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie’s Highbridge the Label. Trap’s first few releases showcased his ability to turn gritty stories from his life into bouncy cuts with strained yet soulful melodies that resonated with listeners.
Now on the brink of stardom, Trap Manny looks to carve out his niche with the release of his debut project via Atlantic Records titled Trap Seazon. Featuring contributions from his Highbridge comrades A Boogie and Don Q, the 14-track opus is an encapsulation of his life. Akin to the haunting tales by the iconic DMX, Trap Seazon harkens back to a grimier era of New York City meshed with a new age sensibility. “Empty The Clip,” which is the lead single from the project recently had its visuals premiered via HotNewHipHop and “Alone,” which features A Boogie has already been staking its claims as one of the standout tracks.
In support of the release, Trap Manny is set to perform at various cities throughout the northeast and midwest:
- June 30 – Common Ground Music Festival – Lansing, MI
- July 2 – Henry W. Maier Festival Park – Milwaukee, WI
- July 21 – Mad City Festival – Foxborough, MA
- August 17 – Funk Master Flex Car Show – Bronx, NY
- August 30 – Soulfrito Fest – Brooklyn, NY
- August 31 – Hot 104.7 Summer Jam – Portland, ME
- October 13 – Rolling Loud New York – New York, NY
- October 25 – Powerhouse Philly – Philadelphia, PA
- October 26 – Power 105.1 Powerhouse – Newark, NJ